Starting in June WIN Health Solutions will be offering a 5 week program using a Nordic Pole Walking system.
What Is Pole Walking and Why Should I Join?
Pole walking was first used in Finland to help cross country skiers train in the off season. Pole walking is a low-impact exercise that provides the highest benefits for health, wellness and fitness for people of all ages and all fitness levels. This walking technique can be used by non-athletes as a health promoting physical activity.
The BENEFITS are endless when it comes to pole walking here are just a few:
– Burns 25-46% more calories than regular walking
– Incorporates 90% of the muscles of the body
– Reduces Stress by up to 30% on the knee and hips joints
– Improves posture and balance
– Provides benefits for people with cardiorespiratory conditions and diabetes
– Aids in fall prevention
– Improves ambulation for patients with Parkinson’s Disease and Multiple Sclerosis
– Provides benefits in upper-body muscular strength
– Improve overall fitness in older adults
DATES, TIME, LOCATION
Runs each Friday – June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Meet at location for the week at 8:45. Walk starts at 9:00am and ends at 9:45am.
Locations are to be decided, and possible locations include areas around the beautiful city of Niagara Falls such as…
- Millennium Trail (McLeod Road)
- Niagara Parkway
- Shriners Woodlot/Mount Carmel Parks (Mt Carmel and west of Montrose road)
- Heartland Forest